Meeting Blue

On a warm sunny Saturday, I decided to take a ride to a nearby Alpaca Farm.  They were having an open house, an opportunity I'd been waiting for and I wasn't disappointed!


Blue

The miniatures were the first group I visited.  Skid-dish at first when I approached, they immediately formed a huddle.  Then as time passed and they became more at ease, they began to wander around their small enclosure nibbling from the hanging hay sacks.



Then I was given a personal tour including the pen where the crias (young offspring) were.  I fell in love with Odie!!  Inquisitive and very vocal, he made my heart just melt!!




Odie and the other Crias

Now this poor gal was sad...sad the entire duration of my visit.  All she did was focus on the barn and moan.  Her baby had just been taken away two days earlier and although I knew she'd get over it, it still broke my heart.  Danny showed such devotion that day.


Danny

This female, was born blind and relies totally on her hearing!  She had the most beautiful pale blue eyes you could imagine.  Alpacas are very smart and respond to commands well...as well as my dogs.  



Then there was Betty.  I mean just look at her...a face only a mother (and me) could love!


Betty

Mercedes

I'll have to admit the time I spent with the girls was wonderful.  Beside I got to see Mercedes in action.  She is the instigator...there's one in every crowd!





Sharing with you and





Comments

Popular Posts