Being Thankful

It's hard to believe that the Pres and I have had Copper and Moon for nearly ten years. And although Moon is really my favorite, I've always catered to Copper...because he was so abused and mistreated as a pup. He always gets the new toys, the new bed, my blanket to snuggle on. He gets his biscuit first. He gets pet first.  Get the picture?  The boy just needs to know he's loved.

Moon is always second. She gets the leftovers...the hand-me downs...the old beds...the used, well-chewed sticks. Because she (we believe) was just dumped on the mountain left to starve, she is grateful for anything she gets in the food, toy and love department.

Well, the other day, when I went downstairs to get something, I noticed that Moon was curled up in the cuddle bed I bought Copper last year. She looked so comfy!!  Yet I knew that when "the boy" (aka Copper) came down to go to bed, he would throw her out.  And she would give in to the alpha male and relocate to her corner lying on her rectangular bed.

Yep. We all have lots of people and lots of things to be thankful for this year.  You know it and I know it.

And Moon is no exception.
When I took her new cuddle bed out of the bag and said, "This is for Moon. Where's my girl?" she came running. Pushing Moon out of the way and sniffing the material, Copper gave it a long look while Moon remained a few feet away. I placed it in the office where she likes to sleep. She walked up to it carrying her tattered, stuffed Fluffy and flopped.



Happy Thanksgiving everyone!


And for heavens sake, have second and thirds of
being thankful!


Comments

Popular Posts