Another One Bites the Dust

Looking at this recipe, I noticed that I've been making these since I got the recipe in 2002!  One of my FAs (Financial Advisors), who worked in an office that was in my territory when I was an Operations Consultant, had his Mom jot it down for me. So, Michael and Susan, if you're out there, consider yourself hugged many times over!!


This past weekend was really productive. While Moon and Copper napped and the Pres melted the chocolate mixed with paraffin wax, I rolled the:


Peanut Butter Balls

12 oz creamy peanut butter
2 sticks butter (melted)
3 c graham cracker crumbs
1 lb confectioner's sugar

Mix together all ingredients and form balls using about one teaspoonful. Set aside.

Melt 12 oz of chocolate chips and 1/4 cake paraffin wax over a double boiler until smooth. Dip each ball, letting excess drip off. Place on lined cookie sheet (wax paper works really well). Allow to cool. I place them in the frig.

These freeze really well once the chocolate is completely dry. The paraffin wax makes the chocolate shiny and hard so they won't melt in your hand, nor stick together when placed in your Christmas cookie gift bags.

Oh, one more thing.  The Pres is awesome at dipping...:) 




Sharing another family tradition with you and those at



Comments

Popular Posts