Wireless Memories

When I was in Florida, there was no access to the internet unless I went to the local library, a one room musty place where the librarian sat in front at an old desk. I didn't want to make my sister feel bad about not having access so other than my phone, all my "toys" remained home. Going without made me realize how lucky I am, making me feel grateful for the life I have. It also made me concentrate more on the present and what was going on at the time.

Packing six books for Sis along with ten DVDs, I was sure that she would be occupied. It was me that I was concerned about because I'm not much of a sitter, of you know what I mean. I move...a lot. And although Sis and I are both Capricorns, she can sit still. Don't get me wrong though because if you put her outside to do yard work, she'll give any man a run for his money. The Pres has French said to me, "She works like a man!"

This is what kept me busy. This little thing and hanging out with Sis!


Is anyone out there old enough to remember these?
I used to have one as a kid.
Made of plastic, it was always tucked in my jean pocket.

Comments

Popular Posts