Just Lucky, I Guess


Trying so hard to get her mom's dog dish through the dogie door, Annie finally just sat on the rug she destroyed the day my sister was in surgery.

Oh, that's right, I haven't told you that yet.

We'd left at 5:30 in the morning, closing the door behind us, my sister telling Annie "be a good girl."  That night, I arrived back at my sister's house around 7:30 pm.  Making the one and one half hour drive from the cancer institute back to my sister's house, my mind drifted.  That's a long time for a puppy to be left alone, I thought.  

Walking in, Annie was overjoyed to see me and savored every stroke and word as I prepared her supper.  Picking up the shredded pieces of foam she'd scattered around the slider entrance and cutting the strings and threads off from the throw rug, I couldn't help but think

I'm lucky that's all she ate!


Comments

Popular Posts