A Small Break and More Food

One Monday before heading to the gym I checked my email. A buddy told me that another friend of ours who hasn't been to the gym in several weeks was going to stop by. They had made plans to go to FroYo World out at UConn and asked if I would like to join them. Yes indeed...nothing like a workout followed by a cup of frozen yogurt with chocolate sprinkles! This time I chose vanilla bean and thin mint and it was worth every calorie!!!

However since we arrived a half hour before they opened, we treated ourselves to Subway first. You can't beat a foot long for five dollars and following Roz's recommendation, I opted for their Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki with provolone and all the fixings on their Italian Herb with Sweet Onion sauce dribbled to and fro. Although I only wolfed down half the sub (because I had to save room for my yogurt), it was a great way to catch up with my old friends.


Roz and Di are the ones who gave me the recipe for the awesome zucchini cupcakes with caramel frosting...post coming soon...be sure to try them!

One more thing. The reason Diane has been out of commission is that she broke a bone in her foot...gardening in flip flops, which she normally doesn't do. But one day, she was out there and for whatever reason decided to trim a little and pull a few weeds. The next thing she knew she'd tripped. That wasn't the worse part. Even though her foot was sore, she came to the gym the following Monday wearing her sneakers, limping!! We convinced her to go get it checked and the rest is history!! 

 She will be back in a few more weeks and we will share more recipes, I'm sure.  You know, I've noticed that we talk a lot about food when I'm at the gym...:)


Sharing with you and those at

Katherine's Corner

Comments

Popular Posts