Gifts From Crystal Lake

Of of our nieces graduated from high school in May. My BIL/SIL threw a party for her over the weekend and since we are still in the midst of hazy, hot, humid weather, their pool really came in handy. But this time, I drove  because the AC is not working in the truck.

The food was delicious and it was great to see our niece, who will be starting college in the Fall and her brother as well as all their friends and cousins who all seemed to enjoy playing volleyball despite the heat!  Not only did we come home with a full belly, but I also got a new recipe!!  You may have seen this as it's become quite popular up here. Give it a try for your next get together...it's yummy!!

Buffalo Chicken Dip

2 large cans canned chicken
8 oz cream cheese (softened)
1/2 cup Franks Hot Sauce
1/2 cup Blue Cheese (or Ranch) dressing
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
Top with scallions if desired.
Mix all ingredients in baking dish. Bake at 375 until bubbly.
 Serve with Tostito Scoops for dipping!

The older kids and some of the not so young adults played volleyball in the heat while the little ones displayed their swimming, jumping and diving tricks for some us gathered around the pool deck. 

 The atmosphere at my SIL's is always so relaxing so I tried to figure out why. Was it them? Was it the fact that they are located in a rural area not far from the lake? Regardless of who or what, it was a great way to spend a Sunday!

It was as I was making my away around one of their patios, that I spotted something absolutely adorable.  Filled with bright pink Dianthus, a planter sat neatly on the edge of one of her many tables.  Although she told me I could have it, I chose to leave it where it belonged as it had been a gift.

However, not only did I bring home that great recipe, I got the name of the store that sells the planters and am heading there soon and went there already!!

Garden Barn


Shaped like a handbag, lined with a removable plastic container and covered in artificial moss, it will fade when placed outside or in bright sunlight.  However, the owner told me I could spray it with fresh paint for the next year.  Adorable, right?


Comments

Popular Posts