I've Seen This Before

When the Pres told me to expect someone, he didn't go into a lot of detail.  Nothing new.  He's always been a man of few words except when his favorite topics are up for grabs.  So, when I heard a rather loud rumble approaching our hill at the top of the gravel road where our house is, I peeked out.



 At first, I thought I was seeing things as a huge yellow back-hoe was making it's way up the gravel road!  

But, as I walked around toward the deck, the Pres met me halfway, saying, "Good, he came today.  He'll knock it out in no time."


Knock what out? I thought.


Ever since we've lived here, we've wanted to eliminate a small knoll right in back of where the Pres parks his truck (because it won't fit in the garage!).

Removing the knoll would  open up a nice chunk of our property and put it to good use.

In addition to the knoll, we also wanted to take down a few of the small "crap" trees, as the Pres calls them along with the stumps.

When our builder made arrangements to have one of his lots excavated, the Pres walked down to talk to the owner of the business to coordinate a date and time.


Camera in hand, I watched as he bit into that knoll to reveal the most rich top soil ever!  

He noticed it too and immediately shut off the back-hoe to ask the Pres if we wanted him to make two piles...one for top soil and one for rocks.


He strategically placed rocks and boulders in one pile and the dark rich soil in another!

Through the whole process, which took less than three hours, it all seemed so familiar.  

I'd seen this before...YES...
I'd seen this before.

Both the man and his shovel reminded me of Mike Mulligan and Mary Ann!


Anybody else remember them?





Sharing with

Rurality Blog Hop

Katherine's Corner


Comments

Popular Posts