My New Wheels

Turning sixty five on Friday the 28th invoked many emotions for me.  I was surprised and excited when I pulled up email and saw one from a former boss, Charlie.  That's one thing I can say about Charlie.  He never forgot your birthday...ever...even though I haven't seen him in years!  He made me feel special...remembered.  Throughout the day, I received more and more birthday wishes making me feel so fortunate...so blessed...so grateful!

Then of course, there was the card from the Pres sitting on the kitchen island as I walked by to make my coffee.  An awesome card...probably one of the best he's ever picked out!  But that was only the beginning.  When he woke up and I thanked him for his card, he said, "I liked it because of what it said."   Smiling on the outside and  the inside,I made my coffee and told him of my plans for the day.

Knowing that I was meeting my daughter for breakfast had me showered and ready to hit the road right on time.  We enjoyed breakfast in a quaint diner in Colchester, CT before she had to get back on the road and heading back to RI.  Meanwhile I was now headed to Kohl's to hunt for bargains...well one in particular...and use my $50 "Kohl's Cash" and my 25% off coupon along with a mail-in rebate of another $50.00!

See my new wheels.  It's a Shark Rotator Lift Away and it is AWESOME!    Using my coupons, "Kohl's Cash" and the rebate, I ended up paying $80.00 for it!  That really made my day...:)



Oh, one more thing.
Don't you love the new bumper sticker I got for Christmas?
It reads:
"My Other Vehicle is a KAYAK"
LOL!
It's going on my Wrangler...eventually!

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts