Free?!!!!


I regret to inform you that our hot water heater's "e Mode" is dead... kaput-ski!  That means it
was not functioning.  The Pres noticed the flashing warning light when he went into the Utility Room to get something a few days ago.  When he first told me, my first thought was no big deal, we'll heat water in a pan like I did when I was a kid.  I was kind of looking forward to doing that to tell you the truth.  Sometimes it's good to get a reality check and stop being so spoiled.

  But then the Pres told me otherwise.

These new contraptions are really almost fail-safe.  What I found out was...just because one mode is inoperable, doesn't  mean the whole thing is shot.  There are three modes to this modern day miracle:  e Mode (efficiency mode), electric mode (water heated by electric coils) and hybrid mode (a combination of electric and heat pump).  It has been, I might add, extremely efficient, costing us less than $198 a year to operate.  Actually, because of the geo~thermal heat system we have in the house, it is even more efficient in the summer months!

Reporting the error message to the 1-800 number the next morning we were told to expect the parts within days and that it would be repaired for FREE!!  The boxes of parts arrived and sat in the Utility room for a few days waiting for the technician to arrive.  Well, it was slated for repair this week.  Ben from GE took care of it Thursday and it is now working like a charm.  He replaced the condenser (which had a pin hole in it and had leaked Freon) with what appeared to be a sturdier one so we're good for thousands of miles, he said.


Wow!
First my camera and now the water heater.
Both being fixed for FREE!!!

Uh~oh...

Oh, one more thing.

Did I tell you that the Pres' truck's
  power steering pump started whining and squeaking a lot?

  Somehow I have a feeling what we didn't spend on the camera and the water heater will be spent on his truck!!







Comments

Popular Posts