Remember...(The Dentist, my cap?...continued)

The Pres had gone to work with his brother and left early so I had the entire day to myself   Since my daughter was off and heading to Connecticut we agreed to meet up of lunch AFTER I went to the dentist.  My appointment was for eleven and all I was having done was simple enough...removal the temporary cap and put on the permanent one.

Greeting me with smiles and "Have a seat, the doctor will be right with you,"  I decided to think positive, pleasant thoughts.  My dentist began attempting to remove the temporary cap.  Yep.  The sucker just wouldn't come off.  So inhaling deeply, she looked down at me and said, "Would you mind if I gave you Novocaine for this?  I have to cut it off."

Nervously and sitting up straight, I looked her in the eye.  "Could we talk about this?  I know you are a professional, however, I think "cut it off" sends the wrong message."  

Smiling, she agreed.

Diligently she worked in my mouth and before I knew the temporary was off and the permanent cap was in position.  This time, when we parted, I hugged her.  Now I was off to meet my daughter for lunch. 

Comments

Popular Posts