It's Here Everyone...It's Thanksgiving

Sure there was a lot of work going into it however, it is/was all worth it!


First there were the Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Cream Cheese Filling I made following a recipe from Mom On the Make!  They are awesome!!!...:)  I intentionally made them smaller than specified as I needed them to last for two "Turkey Days."


Remember...we're having TWO turkey days...one today and one again tomorrow...:)







Then there was the baking of the pies.  While I manned my trusty mixer, the Pres placed foil around the edges around the pumpkin pies to prevent burned crusts.  After all we needed five since each family was going to take one home!

Not sure if you can tell, but the recipe (upper photo)  for pumpkin pie is one that the Pres, hand wrote in grammar school...been using it for years!!  Besides, it makes 5 nine inchers.

There was the giant 10" chocolate chip cookie intentionally left plain so my talented DIL and youngest grand daughter, Mia, would relive their artistic talents Thanksgiving morning by drawing a turkey on it (using the butter creme frosting colored and tinted to their liking)! 

 Of course, I asked the Pres to sketch a turkey just in case Mia and her Mom had a visionary dilemma...cute, huh?

Then there was the turkey, the gravy, potatoes, stuffing, turnips, sweet potato casserole, zesty carrots, green bean casserole, biscuits, cranberry sauce and corn (for the kids).

Oh one more thing.

I forgot the Apple Crisp & Cranberry Pie!

Hope you have/had as wonderful a Thanksgiving as we are!

Cuz tomorrow...

we get to do it all over again because Rana and the girls are coming over for dinner!


Holy Moosepoops!
I forgot to link to:
Katherine's Corner~Favorite Things

Comments

Popular Posts