"OK...so I FORGOT"

was my response.  Yet he just wouldn't leave it alone.  Periodically as various conversations continued throughout the day, he'd slip in yet another dig.  Smiling that smile, with a twinkle in his eye, he'd come closer to give me a hug to reassure me that it was alright...that he'd forgiven me... because I forgot.

Now I'm not trying to make excuses for my faux pas, however:

I am OLDER (sixty five soon).

I did prepare and cook two Thanksgivings...two complete "turkey days"...back to back!

I did give each family their own Pumpkin Pie to take home along with leftovers to feed them for a few days.

I did send each family home with their own can of RediWhip

I did manufacture three dozen Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with cream cheese filling and the giant chocolate chip cookie that my DIL and grand daughter decorated.  It was transformed right before my very eyes...didn't it come out AWESOME!!!!!!

Cake by Jenn & Mia

Flowers by Jennifer

Yes, both days were wonderful except for the 

ONE thing that I FORGOT.

eggnog...

 something my son looks forward to...:(

Comments

Popular Posts