Visiting Is Exhausting

Yesterday, the Pres and I headed West with specific tasks in mind.  We needed to stop at the bank first, then a visit my MIL, and our last stop would be our son's.  When we got to the bank, the Pres waited in the truck while I ran in...mistake!  My quick pit stop turned into an unexpected thirty minute visit with former colleagues.  Welcoming me with open arms and ear to ear grins their sounds filled the lobby..."JP!

So needless to say, their warm reception made me beam with pride all day!



We found Mama hovering over the kitchen sink when we arrived...cleaning freshly picked mushrooms.  I'd never seen such a large "cauliflower" mushroom before!



This was the beginning of her process.  Today she plans on pickling her harvest with the help on of one of the Pres' brothers.


























Look at her beautiful Dahlias!

Then while we were there a pleasant surprise!  Not only the Pres' youngest brother but also our old neighbor (when we lived in Cheshire) and our oldest daughter, who we rarely see because she works Monday through Friday, stopped in for a visit with "Gram"as well!

The place was hoppin' yesterday and we were exhausted!


Comments

Popular Posts