The Box~A Story

What's was in the box that was delivered yesterday?

Read on, my friends...read on!




Nearly every window in my house has a tin window candle sitting on the sill.  Staying lit day and night year round, they give off that warm inviting feeling...a real country welcome.  I even have them on the vanities in the bathrooms, using them as nightlights for the Pres and I, now that we're "older."! 

  Years ago, I purchased thirty electric candle holders along with the waxy bulbs from a quaint shop in Kent, CT  Unfortunately, however, the shop went out of business right after we moved to Virginia.  I searched and searched for stores down there that carried them to keep the candles "burning" at our home in the hollow.  I found one in Bedford, one in Roanoke and one near Smith Mountain Lake but they were expensive and never on sale. 


 While I still worked that was fine.  I would buy ten to twelve bulbs each year, stashing them away like a squirrel stashes Fall acorns.  However, once I retired and had a fixed income, I began to shop around for a more affordable supplier.  Finding the perfect place to purchase these delicate silicone waxy 5 or 6 watt bulbs, I now have my source so there's no need to stash!



 Last week I once again visited my favorite site for replacement bulbs.  After I received confirmation of my order, I asked Robin if I could disclose their link on my blog.  She graciously agreed. 


So without further adieu, go visit them and browse their site, Prim Silicone Bulb Shoppe as they offer a wide variety of merchandise which is reasonably priced, readily available and shipped quickly.  In addition to their prices and selection, I loved the long flame~like tails on each bulb along with the manner in which they are shipped.  These bulbs, which are very delicate in nature, come carefully boxed and guaranteed!!  I get the feeling they like them as much as I do!


Oh...one more thing.
They seemed to have slipped in a special bulb in my shipment!!  Did you spot it in the picture?  I can't wait to try it.  I bet it's one of their scented ones...thanks Robin...big hugs from Connecticut!!

Comments

Popular Posts