Shopping Made Easy

Last Sunday the Pres and I went to Newport.  He was going to hang out with Angel while my daughter and I were going to find me a dress for the wedding which is only a week away.  

Dropping me off at Long Wharf, I walked gingerly to White House/Black Market where she is the Manager. Greeting me with smiles, hugs and a kiss, she then introduced me to two of her Sales Associates and one of her Assistant Managers.  She had told me to wear black tights, a skirt and boots to make things a little easier.  Her Assistant grabbed a pair of heels (way to high for me though!!) while she quickly went through some of their racks, placing cocktail dresses over her arm.  Following them like the little lost tom~boy I am, we entered the fitting room.

Her staff anxiously awaited as she helped me in and out of all the dresses.  Gosh there had to be at least seven that I tried on and two I really liked a lot.  Then I heard her Assistant say to her, "She's funky...have her try this on."  When Jennifer hung it in the dressing room, it didn't do much for me.  Reluctantly I put the dress on over my head.  Then, something happened when my daughter zipped it up and I turned around.

Yep.  That was the one!  Holy moose~poops, I looked AWESOME!  It's a reddish (not a bright red...a warm red...almost raspberry) and black animal print strapless little number with a fuller skirt which falls a little above my knee.  Then they had me put on a 3/4 sleeve black cardigan which has a ruffle down the front.  Snapping the buttons only at the waist, it was then cinched with the thin black belt.  I felt great...looked great!  I actually felt sassy and oh so feminine!!  I knew this one was a keeper!




Oh, one more thing.  I told the Pres he can't see the dress until the night of the wedding so it's safely packed away in the garment bag.    Shhhhhh.

Another mission...
now
the shoes!

Sharing with

Rural Thursday Blog Hop

and

Katherine's Corner~Favorite Things 

Comments

Popular Posts