YUMMY!!!! Chinese

When we decided to get Chinese for supper, I asked the Pres to give me the menu in the desk drawer.  Always ordering the same thing, I decided to go out on a limb and try something new.  After all, I'd just read an article about "older" folks and that they need to try new things, right?

My eyes zoomed in on the words and I began salivating as I read Coconut Shrimp.  "Get a small order though, honey" were my last words as he exited the door.

In a matter of minutes, the Pres was back.  Opening the containers and placing the Boneless Spare Ribs he'd ordered for himself next to his portion of pork fried rice, he took a fork and headed for his chair.  The rice was first on my plate and looked fresh as usual.  However, opening the container of Coconut Shrimp, I said, "Oh, this really isn't what I expected," thinking I was going to be disappointed.


BOY, WAS I WRONG!!!  This shrimp is THE BEST!!!
(Please note that this picture is taken of the leftovers in the frig so the sauce is not creamy and is stuck to the shrimp.)  Once heated it is a milky consistency which is why
I think the sauce is made with coconut milk because, it is creamy, white and definitely coconut flavored. The shrimp is not fried and there is no visible coconut in the sauce.  So now...now I need someone to come up with a recipe that mirrors it!  

To all you cooks out there.. are you reading this?


Bev?

Baby Girl?

Nancy?

Sandie?

Caroline?

Carol?

Di?

Gail?

You KNOW who you are...just email me the recipe!

Comments

Popular Posts