Work...Not Me!
Call me crazy! Call me irresponsible...call me selfish...but I just couldn't bring myself to do it! I didn't want to go back to work even if it was part-time!!
It all began with an advertisement that I saw in our local paper. I called left a message introducing myself and that afternoon the gentleman returned my call. He conducted an abridged phone interview and at the end of our conversation, I could tell I was in. I would be doing tax returns.
I guess I should tell you that although I majored in Accounting, when I got out into the work force, I hated...absolutely hated...accounting. It was so boring! However, I was lucky to find a job for a treasurer of a small company and worked directly for him doing cost analysis. That I loved! That was analytical. That was logic. But income/expense, debits/credits, receivables/payables was just not my thing! Gag me with a spoon!!! In my later years when I signed on with "the bank" that was different. I dealt with people. I fixed problems.
That I loved!!
That I loved!!
However, when reality set in, I began to think of everything I would be giving up even though it was part-time. The more I thought about it, the more down in the dumps it got me and so, I decided it wasn't for me and lost interest in pursuing the position.
So call me what you will, especially when I know so many people are looking for work.
I was not ready to give up everything I have now.

Comments