Picture This

Receiving one of my regular mail order catalogues last week, the last thing I had I my mind was rearranging things in the house.  However, I came across a picture of a plant stand that I thought would look great.  Doing what any wife would, I cut out the picture with all intentions of showing it to the Pres.
2-DSCN3661 
However, I couldn’t locate the “Honey Do” list! 
Now, as long as I can remember, the Pres has had a “Honey Do” list.  We used to have a cute wooden hammer with the words “Honey Do” written on it directly above the clothes pin that would hold lists, notes, etc. 
But…
somehow…
some way…
the “Honey Do” Hammer never made it to Connecticut!!  Can you imagine loosing something so important? 
I’m not pointing fingers here, but…the Pres was the one to pack up the last few things left at the house in Virginia.  Another interesting fact is that when I asked the Pres if he’s seen it since we’ve been here, his response was, “You know, I wonder if I left it there.”  Fishy, don’t you think? 
Anyway, having to improvise, I placed the clipping in plain sight on the end table next to his chair.  Saturday, he said he was going out to run a few errands.  Later, while I was vacuuming, I heard the all too familiar sound of a saw.  Peering out the window, I watched as sawdust flew.
1-DSCN3660 
Pretty darn good, don’t you think?

Comments

Popular Posts