Looking for Barns…Finding Friends

Announcing to the Pres that I was taking a ride to take pictures of “that barn we passed the other day,” I was out the door in a flash.  Heading towards Scotland, I came upon it quicker than anticipated so I went on turn turned around.

It was a beautiful sunny day.  Pulling over off the narrow winding road as far as I could, the car came to a halt.  Eagerly I rolled down the window, took two shots but as I waited for the window to go up, I noticed a woman coming around from behind the barn.

Once again I lowered the window and this time I said, “I LOVE your barn and just had to take a few pictures if you don’t mind.”  Waving and smiling broadly she said, “ It used to be an old milking barn.”  Then I asked her if she'd done the artwork on the side panels.  “Oh heavens no.  It was like this when we moved in years ago.”  Meanwhile her husband had now entered the picture.

It was at that point that she introduced herself and her husband and I reciprocated.  “You can take all the pictures you like and you’re welcome to stop by anytime.”
I think I will.

Oh…one more thing wait until you see the barn!

Comments

Popular Posts