Home in the Hollow ~ SOLD

Although today is June 26, this post was written way back when...in what seems like 1802!
Actually it was on May 8th, yet I chose not to publish it until now.

In the beginning of May, we got an offer on the house (Home in the Hollow) down in Virginia!  It was an offer that we couldn't pass up.  Bottom line, we agreed on a selling price.

Yes, we were very happy and excited especially given the present economy and housing market.  I should also tell you that we had made a nice "chunk of change" when we decided to have seventeen acres "select cut" this past winter.  That, in combination with what we're getting for the house now is only ten thousand less that what we'd put it on the market for!!  So, yes we are more than satisfied!

However, there was a degree of sadness for both of us also.  For me, it felt final and I was bummed out for a few days.  But...it is what it is and since I didn't want to jinx the deal, I've had to keep quiet with the exception of telling my former neighbor, Lisa.  So, now that the inspection, all the tests and the appraisal have been completed along with the purchaser's mortgage application, we can consider it officially SOLD. 

As of this writing the closing was scheduled for June 26th at which point the Home in the Hollow will have new owners.  The legacy lives on.  They are young...in their thirties and from what I understand, he works for/with the Parks Department and presently patrols the Blue Ridge.  They sound like they will be a good fit for the Hollow!

Hopefully they will love the house as much as we did.  They did ask us to sell them a few of our things which made me feel good as now they will remain home where they belong...Home in the Hollow
Bookcase in Dining Room

Hoosier in Dining Room


Antique Dresser

Pellet Stove

and of course, the antique hand crank phone that came in handy many a time when we lost power


as well as

Antique Wood Cook Stove
We are so glad that we were able to live in, love and enjoy the Hollow as did the folks who lived there before us.  When the Pres went down to empty the remainder of the house early this month,  he asked me if I wanted to go.  I chose not to.  Saying farewell once to a place you loved and called home is hard enough the first time around...let alone do it again.  Besides, you know I'm not good a good-byes.

Letting go takes love...a lot of love sometimes...and right now I need all that love here to sprinkle around.  We have a new home, a new life and yes,  look forward to leaving our footprints here as well!

Comments

Popular Posts