Goodwin State Forest...A Walk

Leaving my house promptly at 8:30 Thursday morning, I knew I had plenty of time to get to Hampton.  HOWEVER, I couldn't find the darn road...the left hand turn for Potter Rd!  Finally I decided to pull over and turn on the GPS on the phone.  I was on the wrong side of Mansfield Hollow!  Crap...glancing at the clock on my dash, I saw that it was now ten of nine.  They would be leaving right at nine.  At first, I thought don't speed, they'll be other walks but something told me otherwise and I decided it was time to put the Mini to the test as I raced along country roads hugging corners nicely.  Pulling in front of the meeting house, I tooted the horn and they looked up as I pulled past and squeezed into a little spot between two SUVs.  Whew!  I made it!  Grabbing my camera, water bottle and shirt, I shut the door behind me and crossed the road where I was greeted with warm smiles.

Oh, the walk?  It was a three mile jaunt into Goodwin State Forest led by Juan (DEEP) and it was AWESOME!  I never learned so much in such a short time and I met several other "seniors" who kayak!



Life is good.

Comments

Popular Posts