Plant Prep

Honestly I can't tell you the last time I went out with the girls.  However, on Friday after busting our tails setting up for the annual Garden Club's Plant Sale,  I joined a few of the members and we headed to Jack's.....

Let's back up just a tad though so you get the whole picture. I'd left the Pres and my builder cutting down cedar trees in the woods.  Remember?  I'd promised that I would help set up for the Garden Club's Annual Plant Sale and set up we did!

Tables upon tables of plants that were either donated by local nurseries or by the club members filled the High School auditorium.  We'd separated them by sun, shade, part sun, veggies, herbs, grouped them together by variety.  Each table was labelled.  

Now here's the the way it works.  If you want to buy plants you cannot work the day of the sale unless you do that after you buy.  Of course, initially everything is full price.  However, if you wait until closer to the end, you can purchase for 50% off.  So, I decided to work the day before with the setting up so I could get in line along with the rest of the customers....to buy!  Besides, the money raised goes to a good cause!



Oh.  One more thing.  I can't wait until the doors open tomorrow morning!!!!
It is, after all, for a good cause...
to transform the yard that isn't yet...
to the yard that is!

Comments

Popular Posts