Inhale Deeply...

Ahhhhhhhhh!  There's nothing like the smell of fresh cedar as it permeates the air!


About fifty trees later, the Pres and our builder returned from the forest...victorious.  They'd reduced all the dead trees to piles and piles of mulch...half for his Mom and half for us...close to thirty yards of the red stuff!  Now, we just have to spread it all.  From what I'm told it will outlast other mulch and most importantly ants don't like it!

Oh, one more thing.
Did I tell you what happened to me the other day?  I know...I know...this has nothing to do with the cedar mulch, but while it's on my mind, I just have to tell you.  I'd walked with Moon and Copper and decided to stop at the mailbox.  Hold their leashes in one hand, I opened the mailbox with my left.  Reaching into the mailbox and grasping the mail, I pulled it out, resting it on my other arm..the hand holding the leashes.  Then I noticed there were hundreds of those little tiny ants crawling on my arm, my hands, the envelopes and the magazine!  Peering into the mailbox I saw a zillion scrambling around trying to save the eggs!  I quickly shut the door, brushed myself off and slapped the mail on the outside of the box.

Yep, Copper, Moon and I scurried up the gravel road and once I'd placed the dogs in the confines of the fence, I headed for the garage for Ant spray.  However, all we had on hand was Wasp and Hornet Killer.  Oh well, this ought to do the trick, I thought!  Yep I headed back down the gravel road, crossed the paved road and did the dirty deed...annihilation...abomination!  Inside the box, outside the box, the pole...you name it, I sprayed it!

  And you though I was going to simply put some of my new cedar mulch in there!!!
  Silly bloggers!!

Comments

Popular Posts