Got Talent

While today we are having company (my son,his wife and the three year old) , last week our oldest granddaughter was in a talent show which was held for grades K-5 at her elementary school.  When we were given the events for the month of May and June for the seven grand kids, we were overwhelmed!  There were four concerts just for our oldest grand daughter!  Then, like many of you, there will be graduations (five to be exact) to attend as well a dance recital for the three year old!  Holy moose-poops, what did I do in Virginia?  No wonder we're broke and tired!

Our little Rhia (age 10) stood on stage in front of all those people and sang, "Wanted Dead or Alive" by none other than Bon Jovi!  Using her guitar as a prop, she belted out the song with flare and grace.  When we in the audience began repeating the chorus, she beamed with delight, nodded and continued on.  It brought tears to my eyes!

 Of course, I was so excited that we were going, I forgot the camera and only have a picture taken with my phone.  It's very dark and grainy because there was no lighting to speak of in the school auditorium.



 Of course, even that didn't matter because once her family and friends told her how well she did, her smile took on a permanent place in my mind.

Remember:
memories are photographs taken by the mind






Comments

Popular Posts