GOOD Morning!

The crack broke the morning silence.  It was only 6:13 in the morning and I was already outside with the dogs.  Turning in the direction of the noise, I half expected to see a deer walking through the woods.  Perhaps a noisy squirrel.  Yet what I saw was breath taking!.

It flew up at a rather steep angle emerging at a high rate of speed and appeared to have something in it's talons.  It rose quickly and before I knew it, it was soaring above me.  Watching it's dark brown expansive wings I found myself focusing on the head...it's white head. Yep...another American Bald Eagle right in my own part of the sky!

One more thing.  I only had my cell phone on me so although the picture is not the best, I still got goosebumps watching it soar high above me, circling once before it flew off into the distance.




When I zoom in on this photo, the focus, of course, becomes distorted.  Yet I can clearly see that unmistakable white head!  And...this past week, while standing at the edge of the woods (pretending to be a tree) to get shots of the Eastern Bluebirds in my nesting boxes, a Bald Eagle casually flew over the yard with a huge snake dangling from it's talons!

Yes, life in this rural corner of Connecticut suits me just fine!

Linking to:







Comments

Popular Posts