Z is for...All My Children


Zany and zealous!   Yep...a two for one deal...you're getting a real bargain today.  No, not because it's the last day of the A to Z Challenge but rather my inner workings are at it again!

So call me zany for crawling around the other day on my hands and knees in my "garden bed" (and I use the term loosely this year!!!) and combing through the mulch that the Pres and I just put down a week or so ago, to see what all that warmth had generated.  I spotted something.  Actually I spotted a whole bunch of "somethings" and as I inched closer, they became clearer and clearer.

CHILDREN....BABIES...SEEDLINGS!!
GROWTH!
GROWTH IN THE YARD THAT ISN'T!!!!

For those of you that have been with me for a while, remember my neighbors Nancy and Buddy? 
 You remember.  They're the ones who would invite us down to their house when they had their "family" get togethers because they considered us family.  Buddy...who made that absolutely awesome wine  and he and I drank the whole half gallon then I slept for thirteen hours straight! Buddy...who would come over and sit on the bench he gave us...the one made from the tree and just shoot the breeze for the afternoon.

  Well, back a few years ago, I'd admired a plant that Nancy had and one day, out of the blue, Buddy came over to shoot the breeze and have a cold one with us.  He brought a piece of Nancy's plant, telling me not to baby it and "heck, just stick it in the ground and before you know it, it's back every year, just like clock work."

Listening to him, I watched it thrive and return each year.  When we were packing things up and I had to be selective in what I took because the Pres didn't want me to "strip the place."  Naturally I chose to take those plants that had a special meaning.  

Planting Nancy's plant here in Connecticut in the fall, I wondered if it would make it.  Well, it did and I was tickled to see it reappear from the cold Connecticut earth.  I'd also had some seed-heads that I'd collected just in case.  Sprinkling them around their mama and covering them tenderly with loose soil, I'd warned the Pres to not put mulch where it's was marked because that meant seeds. 

Today I counted.  I have fourteen new ones!!!!
(Not sure if you can see them...look closely for the itty bitty sets of green leaves.)

Not bad for "the yard that isn't"!!!!

All My Children (aka Rose Campion)

Oh, one more thing...speaking of children.
Today, June 30th, we are helping my daughter move to Newport, RI so I will visit your blogs tomorrow.



Comments

Popular Posts