Men...Hate Shopping

In preparation for the Jack and Jill baby shower we're attending today, I suggested to the Pres that we stop at the store where she registered when we were over that way earlier in the week.  He agreed readily which was surprising because he hates shopping!  Well, he hates shopping unless it's for food (the old caveman provider thing, I think) or tools or something with an engine that hmmmmmms!  LOL!  Anyway...

Walking into the store, I knew we'd be in trouble because the baby department was enormous and consumed the entire back of the store.  It was massive!  Being familiar with the whole shower thing and stopping at the registry desk, I began to enter the information on the keyboard as the bewildered Pres looked on.  When the printer spit out eight pages, he asked, "What's all that?"  My next statement to you.  Lets just say that he wasn't terribly excited when I explained it was the list.

Being a man, he immediately suggested that we purchase a large item and be done with it.  And, after being together for so long, I actually thought that it was a good idea!  However, after locating a sales associate and beginning our endeavor, we found that wasn't going to be our fate.  All the large items had been either purchased or were out of stock in that particular store so we had no choice but to resort to several smaller items unless we wanted to drive to Massachusetts for the bassinet!  "Not today," he said abruptly.

Casing the isles with the associate, I placed items in the carriage and checkout, thank goodness, was quick and uneventful.  I was grateful for that because after all, the impatient Pres, the man who hates to shop, was waiting.

  As I was about to exit a voice rang out.  There he was standing at the Customer Service Desk, ensuring that the girls there were doing their job...giving good customer service...chatting with him!

The Bag of Gifts






Comments

Popular Posts