A Twisted Tale (Part 3)

Late Thursday afternoon, the Prez walked into my room.  In his hand was a gallon size zip lock bag filled with all the meds I had been given by the doctor.  He handed it over to the nurse who told us that she'd give them to the doctors now caring for me. 

A short while later the doctor came in and said, "Now we know why you didn't experience any pain in that leg.  There's enough stuff in here (referring to the bag) to put an elephant to sleep.  Now if you feel you want something for the pain, we will give it you."  I hadn't had any pain medication since early that morning and now that I realized that all the pain meds had not only killed the pain in my back but also had obliterated the pain caused by the clot, I choose not to take anything.  The pain in my leg was unbelievable!

The hematologist told me that they could implode the clot.  However that could cause serious repercussions.  He would prefer not to do that.  "We'll keep you on heparin while you're in here.  We'll teach you to give yourself shots once you're home.  Then you will be on medication." 

In walked my daughter, who told me she would have been there sooner but had had a car accident caused by some loser getting off the exit.  My son walked in with flowers.  I hated it..having them all worried about me. 

But what I hated more was that I had to break the news to them.     

to be continued...

Comments

Popular Posts