Nice Bed...No Thanks!

Bringing the new bed into my office and placing it strategically on the carpet, I thought it would be perfect for Moon.  I mean it looked great to me!  The three inch thick rectangular orthopedic foam snugly zippered in it's rich burgundy cover appeared cozy enough especially since one end was covered in plush pile where Moon would lay her head.  The underside of the bed was skid resistant.  How could it not be...well perfect for her...the dog that was so easily pleased?

Meanwhile, it was time for the introduction.  Surprisingly Copper went without hesitation immediately to his new bed which was identical to Moon's except a rich chocolate brown.  I had placed his down the hall from hers so they'd have their own space.  Watching him sprawl out and place his head on the built in pile pillow, I said, "Good boy." 

Moon wandered into the office, sniffed the bed and then placed one paw on it.  It seemed to agree with her so, the other legs immediately followed.  Curling up and placing her head on the soft pile, she seemed content.  That's my girl, I thought...so easy to please.

Meanwhile, dialing my sister's number, I sat in my chair lowering myself slowly to avoid pain.  Getting comfortable I knew I would be on the phone for a while with her as we always have a lot to say to each other.  Watching Moon rest on her new bed, a long awaited calmness came over me as well.  It was one of those times filled with total relaxation...at least for a while.

Moon  had now rolled onto her back, her favorite sleeping position.  Slowly inching a little further and further, she extended her legs in the air (probably to get good air circulation on her belly).  I thought about getting up to get the camera which was upstairs but knew if I moved, I'd disturb the sleeping beauty.   

What happened next happened so fast and was so funny, I couldn't help but laugh out loud right into my sister's ear.  Moon had relaxed and rolled so much that she rolled right off the bed!  Startled by the three inch drop, she scrambled to get up on all fours and starred at the bed in amazement.  It was as if she thought that the damn bed pushed her off!!!  After starring intently at the bed, she then gently picked up Fluffy and placed it on her new bed.  She chose to stretch out nearby...on the carpet instead!!!  




Comments

Popular Posts