Moving Mountains and Mattresses

Thursday she went for her routine mamo, only to have the technician then the radiologist "hang out" a lot longer on the breast where she'd had the growth removed a few years ago.  It caused more anxiety in her as they hovered around the titanium chip placed in her as a marker.  Her appointment with the OBGYN was later that afternoon to talk her to about the mass that they detected while she was recently in the hospital, she was nervous.  So was I.

I mean, what do you say?  Good luck hardly seemed appropriate so it never crossed my lips but  I love you did.  Her appointment was for 3:45pm and here it was 5:35pm and still no call.  I kept repeating over and over again, no news is good news.  Then a prayer.  Finally I called her cell phone and it went to voicemail.  Leaving a message, I felt tense, anxious then suddenly hungry.  Moments passed and my phone rang.  It was her.  I'm just now leaving the doctor's.  He was detained because of surgery and didn't get to see me until 30 minutes ago.  He told me not to worry.  It's a cyst that has already shrunk in size.  He asked me if I felt a pop at any given point during my stay and I told him I did once I was able to get up and do laps in the hallway with my I V pole.  It's nothing, Mom.  He wants me to come back in six weeks to do another ultra sound to follow-up.

Finally, I thought...good news for her!

I was and am grateful.
I thanked God.

Oh, one more thing.  I've been able to walk around the house, up and down stairs, do a little yard work lately, including picking up Moon and Copper's residue (aka poops, crap)!!  Hooray!  Apparently my sciatic nerve has decided to return to it's normal position and I will continue to mend...:) 

Yep, there's a lesson here:
if ever you are plagued by sciatic nerve problems, DO NOT MOVE ATTEMPT TO MOVE A MATTRESS!

Comments

Popular Posts