Fixing Fluffy

You may have seen Moon's stuffed toy in pictures here and there.  Well, that's Fluffy.  She's had it since her first Christmas.  It's a stuffed bone with one of those squeakers in it.  I know.  I know.  We are not supposed to give our dogs that kind of toy.  Moon has always been fine with it.  Since I am not a cardiologist, I never wanted to perform surgery to remove Fluffy's heart (the squeaker).  And so it stayed.

Several months ago, long before moving, I came across Fluffy while packing.  Noticing it had several small holes, I was tempted to simply toss it.  I chose otherwise, placing it in my sewing basket as I packed.  Well, now that I can sit for short periods, I dug out my sewing basket to try to play catch up and there it was right on top.



Moon watched intently as I stitched and re-stitched.  It was as if she knew Fluffy was in good hands even though many surgeries had been performed on Fluffy in the past.  


When I was done, she gently took him out of my hand and placed him right on her bed.  Moon was happy as I watched her placed her head on top of him.  As with so many other things, they only need our time.

Comments

Popular Posts