Call Me Stupid

So, we all know that I'm hurting but I have to tell you that I'm MUCH BETTER than I WAS.  Crap!  It's been since the Prez returned home and that was back on January 4th.  Fighting my cold off with good old Vick's Vapor Rub and the Prez' homemade chicken soup, it lasted only a week.  But what a week it was.

Sure, I got up each morning, made my coffee and was able to get myself dressed so I could at least go outside in the morning with the kids.  Actually, a few days ago, I was feeling pretty damn good, so I thought I'd walk up and down the road.  I HAD TO...I NEEDED TO.  Something inside just made me put their leashes on and head out the driveway with them, muttering we're just going to go slow and we'll be fine as Moon and Copper wagged their tails joyfully.   What was I thinking?????

The rest of that day, I hurt like I did the previous week!  So, back on the floor doing slow stretches, noticing that I got shooting pain when I sat.  Then my SIL and BIL came over to get some of that wood from the tree that fell.  While they were here, my SIL told me of her episode with a nerve...her sciatic nerve.  We stood as we had our tea that day, because that was the only way I was more comfortable...lying down or standing.

Listening to her story and her description of her pain, I thought it kind of sounds like what I'm experiencing, except for the intense pain in my glute and outer thigh but it's possible.  After they left that day, I later sent her a text asking her how long it took to recover.  Six weeks was her answer!

Meanwhile, my daughter spent that entire day in the Emergency Room, ended up being admitted and having gall bladder surgery the following day.  Not being able to jump in the car to go see her because of  a common cold and over worked ligaments and muscles was horrible.   

So my question to you is simple: 

 How long does it take to recover...when you're old?

Aha...all I need is a plan, I thought.  I have to have a plan!

Comments

Popular Posts