A Visit to Bedrock

On Sunday, I told the Prez that I felt pretty good and wanted to try to drive.  Grant you I'm sore but have to admit that since I am moving a lot better and able to sit a little here and there, my brain is now telling me...no yelling at me...you need to get out!  Suggesting that we go visit our friends, Fred and Wilma (names changed to protect the innocent!!!) who live in Bedrock and only two towns over, I sent her a text message.  We decided that mid-afternoon would be good a good time for all.

We climbed into my Mini Cooper with me behind the wheel and backed out of the garage.  Being the first time I drove since the end of December, it did feel a little strange...kind of like driving on rock wheels!  Although I was concerned about a noise coming from the rear tire, shifting really wasn't too bad on this damn left leg until I got to my first long traffic light.  Then the Prez suggested that I simply remain in neutral while at lights was a great idea and helped a lot, even though the noise was still there.  When we got to Fred and Wilma's, the Prez climbed out of the bucket seat and looked under the car and at the tires.  I had been dragging a branch that I ran over on our gravel road!

Visiting Fred and Wilma was both a happy and sad mission.  It was the first time I'd been to the house since they had their dog, Dani, put down and now, my bed mate, Greta, their boxer, was in poor health.  Fred and I talked about Dani, shed some tears and shared some hugs while Wilma the Prez were off on another tangent.  However, visiting with them always puts me in good spirits.  Wilma is such a hoot...has an answer for everything and can understand me even when I talk with my mouth full while Fred, the methodical, quiet one, sends zingers my way as well!  

They put out quite a spread to nibble on as usual and after talking about everything from electric bills to my daughter's health, it was time to head for the hills.  Arriving home and driving up the gravel road, I spottend Moon and Copper running to meet us at the side gate.  Kissing Moon and then throwing the stick for Copper, I thought of Greta.  She will be in my thoughts and prayers as always.

Although I felt a sense of accomplishment getting out and driving, I told the Prez I was sore.  I guess driving a car with a clutch can be a little tricky when your left leg doesn't work quite right. It may be a little longer before I attempt to drive again.  DAMN! 

Comments

Popular Posts