Trimming…not the Tree

Remember that woman, Bonnie, I met in the grocery store who told me who her hair dresser was?  Well, on Tuesday afternoon, I went to my appointment.  Now let me explain that I am not a snob, never have been, never want to be, if you catch my drift.  As I walked into this salon for the first time, after smiling and saying hello, I sat as all good customers sit.  However it wasn’t long before  I felt so comfortable that I joined in on the conversation.

Meanwhile Megan came over, introduced herself to me and said she’d be right with me.  When I walked in, I felt frumpy.  Do you know what I mean by frumpy.  My hair had grown so much since I last went to Mike.  After all, it had been since September.  (Mike, if you read this, you can imagine what I looked like!)  Anyway, frumpy is the only way I can describe it.

Megan began with the typical wash and comb out.  We decided short was the look.  Then I watched her whittle away, trimming, notching and shaping.  As I watched myself transform into a look that, as Mike used to say “was me,”  my attitude changed.  No longer frumpy.




All I can say is that I look like Halle Berry…except of course, she’s just a tad prettier…not by much though!  Personally, I think it's her earrings!  I think I'll look for a pair like those!

Oh, one more thing, I made my next appointment with Megan!!
She’s a keeper!

Comments

Popular Posts