Ramblings

Well, today is my last day to contact bloggerville until I reconnect at some point once situated in Connecticut.  The Prez and I hit the road tomorrow. 

Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day here at our home in the Hollow and we got a lot accomplished.  I did take the time to walk the gravel road with Moon and Copper in the morning as well as sit out with them for my afternoon break.  It couldn't have been a more perfect day!  Oh, sure, occasionally my eyes would tear up with the thought of saying good~bye, but then my mind focused on what lies ahead, bringing a smile and drier eyes.

The Prez loaded the washer and dryer on the trailer along with a few of the "open me first" boxes and today, it's prepare the coolers, one with frozen, one with refrigerator items.  He is using the dry ice method since we're looking at a time frame exceeding 24 hours.  I will tell you another thing, if ever you move and have the need to pack strategically, contact the Prez.  He got more stuff on that trailer than I imagined!

Today I'm going to see Mike, my friend of eight years, the man who cuts my hair, the one I've had many adventures with.  He and his entire family welcomed me with open arms right after we met and have always been strong shoulders (if you know what I mean).  I know I will cry.  But I also know that we will stay in touch just as I plan on doing with Lisa, Joyce and Bill, Linda and Dale, Dorothy and Harwell, Lucy and of course, Buddy.  Writing this and thinking of them brings tears to my eyes, but remembering each of their smiles and laughter eases the pain of saying good~bye.

I wrote this a few weeks ago...


Home in the Hollow

There's a Home in the Hollow at the base of a hill
Down in the Blue Ridge it's standin' there still
'Twas built long ago from logs hewed by hand
If they only knew then how long it would stand
The walls filled with memories over the years
Some filled with laughter and some filled with tears
It's been home to many who have come and gone
For those that have lived there, the memories live on
It began in a cabin two stories high
They planted their corn so it'd grow near by
While cattle grazed freely, they built them a still
It's busted up pieces still there on the hill
The Home in the Hollow gives you some rest
It's where you find peace and life at it's best
The house has been to many a treasured home
The Home in the Hollow has love to live on.
If you're passin' by out this way some day
Come find it for sure...it'll show you the way
To good country livin' and some hard work too
Surrounded by Nature that's all good for you.


Comments

Popular Posts