Connected~Disconnected

Knowing that our first trip is slated for next week gives me a wonderfully nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach as I listen to the Prez talk about his plan for "the move".  Earlier in the week, he had the brake mechanism installed in that big red Dodge diesel of his and today he got to bring his new trailer home.  We will begin loading the trailer over the weekend.


Well...that's what he said, anyway.  After the Prez got the lights and brake connected, he said, "We'll start on Sunday."  But then looking into each other's eyes, the small grins came across our faces and we started working on this...




 The dressers and beds will be loaded over the weekend along with a few other larger items.  The Prez just wanted to stack some of the small stuff to fill up the "nose."  As you can see, we've been busy.

When we shopped for groceries last week, we intentionally planned out our meals for next week since we will not be bringing any foods requiring refrigeration on the first trip.  The dogs will remain here under the watchful eye of our neighbor who will, as always feed and play with them in our absence.  The closing is scheduled for Friday, the 21st however, we are meeting our Realtor at the house for a final walk~through earlier that afternoon!!

I've come to the conclusion that Moon and Copper know some thing's up as they keep seeing things getting boxed and then carried out to the garage.  In fact, they've been what I call hugging my leg when I go outside with them.  It's as if they are saying don't forget me.  Good gravy!  How could I do that????  They are not coming until the second trip however, because the Prez has to build the wooden part of the fence all around the front of the house.  He'll do that on the first trip up.

Oh, one more thing, I'll be disconnected for a while because of no Internet service.  That should be early next week.  I'm a little concerned about that to tell you the truth because our builder told me last night that the cable/ISP up there may take up to seven weeks for an install!!!  YIKES!!!  It looks like I'll have to get a library card right away...:)

Comments

Popular Posts