30 and Counting

The countdown has begun.  Although we do not know the official closing date on our new home in Connecticut, we are were told "on or before the 15th of October". 
And so, let the countdown begin.


Knowing that I have four weeks...a mere thirty days...left here in the Hollow should make me sad.  However, much to my surprise, I'm not.  And since I sometimes over analyze things, I've been wondering why.  After a few Margaritas, the Prez and my friend's here tell me it's because I'm already there.


Well, wherever I am, I am very pleased.  All my close friends here have commented on it.  Many of you out there in bloggerville have remarked on it as well.  But enough about me, lets talk about packing.

I've always been a goal oriented person and unfortunately I am also an over achiever.  Sometimes that can be a bad thing.  However, when it comes to moving, it isn't.

So way back when, I set a goal of two boxes a day and I've been doing some packing.  Of course, that was after I washed everything in the linen closets so I could use the towels to pack anything breakable.  Dishes and casseroles put through the dishwasher...load after load...because I do not want to wash anything before I put it away.

I will admit that seeing the empty cupboards, closets and shelves is a very good feeling.  And surprisingly, I'm doing okay with picking and choosing what I want to take, as opposed to what I have to take, if you know what I mean.

It not only gives me that sense of accomplishment, but is also allowing me to be me. 


Note the taped drawers on the cabinet here in the bathroom? 
  There's stuff inside, packed snugly and securely.





My almost empty pie safe will have a different use in Connecticut.  I'm hoping to place it in a small alcove, using it for storage.

My Kitchen-Aid mixer lived in this cupboard for eight years while the every day dishes hung out here in the dual access cupboard in the kitchen.




Yes, we're heading home.

Comments

Popular Posts