Who's First?

This morning, after I gave the kids their breakfast, we walked up to the barn as usual.  After they "did their business" on the hillside, Moon bolted out of the woods with the speed of a bullet, racing back down to her food dish for a few nibbles before we walk.

But where was wonder dog (aka Copper Lucas Aspen)?

Why he, being such an inquisitive and effervescent natured pooch, was onto something more important...well, at least to him it was important....digging a bigger hole in the bank!

Did I ever tell you I sometimes refer to him as bonehead?

Did I ever tell you how much I love him?   It's not that I feel sorry for him, because he's not the brightest bulb in the box, nor because he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.  I love him because he simply loves life and takes it all on eagerly (excluding the few nervous twitches when bees are around him).

Looking at this picture, I can clearly see that he was literally deep in thought and up to his ears and eyes in work.   So, before too much time lapsed, I hollered out, "Who's first?"   That's the prompt to head to the back gate and whichever dog gets there first, gets their halter and lead put on first.

As usual, we were off, two leads, two dogs and me...to walk the gravel road.



Comments

Popular Posts