Something Special

Listening to the birds singing as I sat in my wicker chair Tuesday afternoon with my feet up on the small table, I saw the mail carrier head up the mountain to the neighbor's place.  Jew a few short minutes passed and she was at our mailbox.

Within moments, the envelope lie on the wicker table, along with the sweet note found inside the book's cover.  It was a handwritten note which read, Enjoy the book, my dear...Delores.

You see, last week Delores spoke of this book and was kind enough to offer it to the first person who made comments.  I didn't even pay attention to that part, to tell you the truth.  The book, written by Geoffrey Moorhouse, uses his imagination and reconstructive talents delving into many unanswered questions about the monks who inhabited a "rock" called Skellig Michael, off the coast of Ireland. 

Reading Delores' blog daily, I never know what to expect from her which is why I adore her so.  She has a lot to say about...well, just about everything!  Sometimes she is humorous, sometimes serious, sometimes clever, sometimes serious.  Visit her for yourself.  She can be found at 


P.S.  Delores, I'm cruising right along and love it so THANK YOU!  I told you I was intrigued by anything Medieval!!

Comments

Popular Posts