Paint for "Plain Jane"

Walking into the store, I knew I was in trouble.  I hate picking out paint.  
There, before me, along the entire rear and side wall, were the rows upon rows of paint samples and textures.  Approaching them slowly focusing on the neutral shades, I let go of the Pres' hand enabling me to pick up samples.  An employee came over immediately, asking us if we needed any assistance and then answered the few questions we had.  Then he left us to browse, discuss and decide. 

Did I ever tell you what a "plain Jane" I am?  That's what my Aunt who raised me used to say.  In fact, every time we went out shopping for any type of clothing (including my wedding dress) and I picked out what I liked, that was the comment I got when I came out of the dressing room.  "You're such a plain Jane," she'd say.  To tell you the truth, that did a number on my ego for a long, long time until I finally realized that although I may like plain and look plain, my personality is filled with color!  Ask anyone who really knows me and I'm sure they'll agree. Anyway back to the paint.

Within no time, much to my surprise, the decision was made.  Muslin, part of the Rustic Refined Collection, would be a perfect choice.  The warm yellow tone would enhance the open feeling of the kitchen leading to the great room as well as the arched doorway leading to the sunken dining room.  It would be light and airy, expanding the sense of space, yet give a natural feel and a great back drop to my darker hues of burgundy, green, blue and black.  So a big thanks to the "Paint Store" (aka Sherwin Williams) for making the selection process so easy.

And so it was.  The decision was made by myself and the Pres.  Now it was on to Home Depot to look at the selections of granite and quartz for the counter-tops, as well as kitchen/bathroom faucets.  Other items like ceiling fans, front door hardware and ceramic tile and light fixtures would be saved for yet another day.

Comments

Popular Posts