Packing 101




Feeling the urge to begin packing and knowing that it would be inevitable, there was was no doubt in my mind what should be packed first...the China. 


 


I never owned one piece of China until I after I was married to the Pres, primarily because I couldn't afford it and secondly, I was always more down to earth and not into fancy delicate things...being a tom-boy and all.





However, while living in Connecticut back in 1802, my daughter and I came across this China by Johnson Brothers called Friendly Village. It reminded me so much of the holiday China that my Aunt had when I was growing up.  I always loved it so, making me feel safe and warm for some reason.  I imagine it's because it made me feel special.












And so it was.  Every year for Christmas, pieces of the set were given to me and added to collection which was conveniently stored in my pie safe.  Using the pieces religiously for both Thanksgiving and Christmas as well as whenever we had company, it always gave me great pleasure.  So, the first thing packed was the China.  It's ready to go back home with me to serve some of my warm apple crisp topped with whipped creme as well as many other favorites!


Comments

Popular Posts