Look Closely


Wandering around the yard, I arrived at the bird bath I made.  (Did I ever tell you that one?...Remind me.)

There was an awful lot of movement in the water which I assumed was mosquito larvae.  Yet I knew that here in the Hollow, we don't get mosquitos.  It's because the water from the creeks is constantly moving and fresh, being replenished by the icy cold mountain springs.   Craw fish, a snake or two...yes...mosquitoes...NO.

Anyway, stooping down for a close-up, I saw that they were poly-wogs...oodles and oodles of them!  In fact, lifting the dead leaf that was floating on the surface caused about fifty of the little guys to set off their sirens like submarines before they dive.  Down they went, taking refuge in the sediment on the bottom.

Do you remember last year's posts?
 
It just so happens, I happen to have it handy for you
(as I have been told I'm a "people pleaser"
which I own and proudly, I might add!)
 

Comments

Popular Posts