Power



 It was around 12:30pm yesterday when the winds picked up and the driving rain began.  A horrible storm was over the Hollow, knocking out our power. 


Little did I know that the fuse on the pole in the yard had blown.  Typically, I would have heard a very, very loud bang.  However, the thunder was so intense that I never heard it.

First things first.  Call AEP and report the outage, using the only phone that works. 

Then light the oil lanterns for a little light.  That's one thing I must admit I won't miss when I move.  This house  is very dark.  I am so looking forward to "light"...:)




Several years ago, we paid $2,500.00 to have this transfer switch put it by an electrician.  It was to be used to run the generator which is large enough to run the entire house.


I wonder why it's never used except, of course, to start it up and let it run for a few minutes each month.

Oh, the storm.  I was too busy pulling debris out of the creeks to take any "before" pictures.  But, this was some of the residue left behind.  I'll work on cleaning that up today.  I wonder what those little squiggly things I'm seeing occasionally are?



Comments

Popular Posts