Remember Me? (Part 2)

Now you've probably been asking yourself...where does the Red Raspberry Wine come in, JP?  Well...

It was a Thursday and around two in the afternoon when Buddy stopped by to have "brewski" with the Pres.  I remained in my office playing on the computer as they chatted and shared stories.  At one point, I passed through to get them some cheese, pepperoni and crackers.  Placing the snacks on the table, they asked me to sample this wine...homemade red raspberry...that Buddy had made two years earlier.

Initially declining, they kept urging me to just take a sip, so I did.  Although I've never been much of a wine drinker, to my surprise, it was delicious!  And so I sat, sipping the favorful brew, nibbling on a sharp cheddar and an occasional cracker.

Stories were shared.  Stories of Buddy growing up in the coal mines of West Virginia, of his Army days, of the Pres' time served in the Navy.  Laughing, talking and sipping, it was time for me to ask Buddy something that had been bothering me ever since the log for our bench had been brought to the yard.  It was a question that had to be answered becasue I don't like taking other people's things.

to be continued....

Comments

Popular Posts