Inside Out


Yesterday I showed off gave you the opportunity to see some of my Hydrangeas that grow along the fence.

Well, as you can see sometimes, what I do is snip at few blooms and hang them in the upstairs cedar closet until they're nice an dry.

 This is the "closet" that Aunt Alva stays in for the winter.  Remember her?  I hope so because before you know she'll be in bloom!


You would think that you were done but you're not.  One more quick little story.  Way back when I worked at the bank, there was a teller in one of my branches who was just the sweetest thing.  She was a perfectionist and would always blush uncontrollably when I complimented her on her articulate work.

Well, the teller had a daughter, Stephanie, who was only about eleven at the time.  Occasionally she would be at the branch waiting for her mom to finish up.  When she was there, I would always chat with her hoping that it would influence her in some small way.  I remember how much she loved it when I called her "Steph" as if she were grown up and a good friend.



She'd asked me why I was leaving and I explained that roots, no matter how deep, can always be transplanted to flourish and grow in new soil.  Saying farewell to each of my branches when I was leaving Connecticut to come here, I was given many going away parties.

One of my gifts was this painting made by little Steph. 




Comments

Popular Posts