Chinese Fire Drill # 101

Okay, lets lay the cards on the table.  The Home in the Hollow has been on the market for five weeks and there hasn't been anyone to even see it yet!  I know that you're all going to tell me about the economy and how bad it is, but that really won't relieve my disappointment, now will it?

The people from England...who knows?  Never heard from our Realtor on that other than to answer all of their questions.  Apparently, they didn't like the answers.

Then there was George and his wife who appeared in the driveway one night wanting to see the place.  Nope.  Haven't seen hide nor hair of George or his Realtor.

I will tell you though that keeping this place clean and spotless has become a full time job...especially when you have a man like the Pres who does NOT wipe his feet!  Last week I wanted to hit him in the head with the vacuum cleaner wand!

All I've been doing is cleaning the house, primping the garden beds, weeding and spraying for Japanese Beetles!  Yesterday was the first time I went to the Y in a whole week.  I didn't care.  I decided that I had to go and get some heavy duty exercise and so I did.

However, getting in my car, I noticed a missed call and a voice mail.  They were from the Pres.  Trust me, when I tell you this...he NEVER calls me.  I listened to the message which said that someone was coming over between one and two which meant we had to hit the road, taking the dogs with us.

Pulling in the driveway and hitting the garage door opener, I first noticed the Pres heading for his truck with the trash from the garage.  Hallelujah, I thought and I headed into the house.  It was 12:30pm.  Immediately heading upstairs, checking for anything out of place (specifically dead stinkbugs), I turned on the ceiling fan and light at the top of the stairway.

Then it was the family room to gather up his newspaper and dirty glass.  Now for a quick wipe down of the kitchen counters (apparently the Pres had made a sandwich for lunch) and sink so they were no water spots.  Peeking in the mudroom, I saw that it wasn't too bad...except for a few big clumps of dried mud (apparently the Pres had been in the garden).  Those were "gone in sixty seconds".

Making my way down the hallway to the bedroom, I took his bath towel and folded it, placing it on the vanity near his sink (apparently the Pres had showered and hung his towel on the bed frame to dry).  Entering the walk-in closet, I grabbed a pair of shorts and a top, changing into them quickly and heading out the door into the garage, key in hand. 

The Pres had put the dogs in the truck and was headed somewhere while I was heading to Roanoke to pickup a few things at Wal-Mart.  We were out in record time for Chinese Fire Drill 101.  Looking at my watch, it was 12:47pm as I headed down the freshly grated road.


to be continued...

Comments

Popular Posts