Chinese Fire Drill #101 (Part 2)

 Remembering that our Realtor had said, they needed the one to two time slot, I left Roanoke and headed for home. I went up and over the mountain since is was after two and because it cuts out about eight miles.  Moon and Copper ran along the fence line once they spotted my car coming down the road sloped gravel.  Looking at the clock in my car as I pulled in the driveway, it was two ten.  The Pres was already there. 

Bear in mind that I hadn't eaten lunch and was absolutely famished especially after the three hours I'd spent at the gym, so I immediately made something and began to stuff my face with my huge salad smothered in Italian dressing and my chicken salad on toasted whole wheat.  The Pres was, of course, in his recliner, feet up doing his puzzle.

Suddenly, I heard the all too familiar beep, beep, beep of the premise alarm.  Looking at the Pres, I said, "Joe, a door just opened."  He responded quickly without looking up from his puzzle, "That was the TV." 

Continuing to shove food in my mouth, some Italian dressing dribbled on my tee shirt.  Then again I heard, beep, beep, beep.  This time I said, "Joe, somebody is in our house and I think you should get up and go see who it is."  Breathing that gosh I have to get up sigh he rose from the chair and headed down the hallway.  Listening attentively, I heard voices.  DAMN!!  Someone was in our house!!!

The next part was absolutely CRAZY!  But, hey maybe that's the way it's "done in the South."  The Pres and I asked if they wanted us to leave and the Realtor said we could just go outside.  We did.  Not even ten minutes went by when they all came out.  The Realtor introduced herself to us, looked first at her watch, then at me and said, "Oh my, time has gotten away from me.  I have a child that has to be picked up at Cave Spring.  You know where that is?"

  As I was nodding "yes", she pointed to HER CLIENTS and said..."We'll talk...perhaps they can answer any questions you might have."  With that said, she headed for the back gate, got into her car and left!!  I mean she LEFT HER clients standing in our yard!!  Call me crazy, but to me, that was just down right RUDE!

So, for the next two hours, we answered their questions which was fine.
  What's crazy is, each Realtor would get 3% commission off the selling price if the house sold!!  YIKES!!!

Comments

Popular Posts