Brick By Brick

When I told the Pres I was heading outside to weed eat along the creek, he said he'd come out and help!  YEAH!!  So both the Pres and I cranked up our weed eaters and hit the patch all along the creek.  It was done in no time.

Before heading back to the house though I needed to get one brick from the pile that we have in back of the barn.  I needed it to replace a broken one under the Pellet stove.  Picking up the brick, I let out an "Ewww" when I saw a Black Ring Snake about six inches long curled up on the next brick.  But the noise I made alerted my "handsome man", Copper, who came running.

As Copper poked his nose toward it, that shiny, black, skinny reptile slithered in between the adjacent bricks, disappearing in an instant.   I've learned that they're a "good snake" so we leave them alone.  In fact, one year, one had taken up residency in my front garden bed, greeting me every day as I went to get the paper.  The morning sun hit "his corner" and there was his shiny black head protruding from the hole, glistening in the sun's rays.  I wonder what kind of snakes I'll find in the north east corner of Connecticut.  Of course, I guess I need to focus on finding a house first and not what adventures await!

P.S.  No this is NOT my hand holding the reptile.  This is merely an image provided by Google.




Comments

Popular Posts