A Connecticut Story

While looking for homes in Connecticut, the Pres and I stayed with our best friends.  Using their home as a base, it enabled us to look in areas in the Northeast Corner of the state, which is where we are hoping to move.

When the Pres left to return to Virginia, I remained and was able to "venture out" one day with my girl friend.  Removing her trusty GPS from the cluttered back seat and handing it to me to plug in , she reaffirmed what I had thought all the years I've known her.  "I'm not mechanically inclined...you figure it out," she said.

So that day we drove around trying to locate a few places on our own as well as discovering a few new ones to add to "the list."  Then, before you knew it we were up near the Massachusetts border and went here for lunch.  She loves lunch!  She loves doing lunch, going to lunch, eating lunch...everything there is about lunch.


Although it might seem ordinary to you, it wasn't.  After you've finished eating, you not only get to browse through their shelves of books, you get to take one home!  I selected one on organic gardening as a gift fro her husband.  He planted his first raised bed vegetable garden this year and was so tickled that everything was growing.  In fact, he offered us the ONE strawberry dangling from one of his plants...:)  Now, that's what friends are for!!

Comments

Popular Posts